Join us for an exciting arts and craft summer event – CASCADING the Future! This in-person event is happening on Wed Jun 21 2023 10:30 AM (British Summer Time) at Morecambe Library (Central Drive, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 5DL).
Join us as we celebrate the world of arts and highlight the importance of craft makers in the development of a more sustainable future!
With a lineup of lived-experience stories, interactive workshops, an art exhibition, and networking lunch, you’ll have the chance to connect with like-minded individuals and learn from emerging local talent.
10am: Join us for a coffee and chat
10.30am: Event open and introduction by Dr Carolyn Downs
10.45am – 12pm: Spotlight talks from local artists and creatives.
12pm: Lunch – Finger buffet from artisan bakery Brew Cafe and hot food from a street food trader.
Among the workshops offered during our event are:
- A collaborative hands-on poster making workshop by the Morecambe Riso Press facilitated by artist & illustrator Molly Bland
- Made in Morecambe ceramic workshop by the artist Andy Morris of Ram Ceramic
- A collaborative community weaving activity using donated scrap fabrics facilitated co-operatively by 3 local artists Rosie Tacon Glass, Jennie Wren & Woo O’Hara all members of the Good Things Collective who are keen to share with you their thoughts on what it means to collaborate and work co-operatively and the ongoing role of artists and creatives in making environmental and sustainable change.
Register now to secure your free spot: tickets!
CASCADE stands for Craft and Artisan Skills for Co-operative And Digital Enterprise and Innovation Gains, and has been co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
Research evidences that the craft and artisan sector has huge potential to support:
– Low carbon economy.
– Circular economy – a model of production and consumption, which involves sharing, leasing, reusing, repairing, refurbishing and recycling existing materials and products as long as possible.
– Highlight shared cultural heritage.
– Improve employment opportunities.
– Protect people from the effects of the 4th Industrial Revolution.
The CASCADE project aims to:
– Enable micro entrepreneurs to support the growth of their businesses.
– Develop innovations in manufacture design and business models.
– Enable micro entrepreneurs in the creative, craft and artisan sectors to share the intangible cultural heritage they carry with their wider communities.